Jacob had his two year appointment this morning. He weighs in at 38 lbs and is 3 feet tall. He is in the 99% for weight and 89% for height. I think we are slowing down a little on his height which his daddy isn't thrilled about. (He wanted a 6 ft 5 in. left handed pitcher :) ) All in all the appointment was great and I think Jacob is right on target with what a 2 year old should be doing.
At 2 Jacob can do so many things but here are just a few:
- String many words together to form sentences
- Drink from a regular cup (not sippy) Very messy but he can do it.
- Sing Twinkle Twinkle, If you're happy and you know it, ABC's, Happy Birthday, Ants go Marching, No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed, Row, Row, Row your boat, and There were 5 in the Bed
- He is starting to play independently with his train set, cars, and kitchen
- He can pee on the potty before bath time and even push a few dribbles out to collect 2nd jelly bean instead of one :)
- Use a fork and spoon to eat
- Understands a lot of what we are saying to him and can do things you ask him to do IF he feels like it.
- He LOVES to go to the store and help you shop. Usually, it ends up with you buying a few things for him (he suckered me into a Playmobil toy yesterday) but I like having my little buddy along.
- Puts himself to sleep when you put him in his crib at night. In the morning, waits for you to come in around 7am to get him.
- He LOVES to read books....his favorite books right now are The Little Dump Truck, Mini Racer, Seven Little Postmen, and Curious George
- Uses his right hand predominantly when he colors, eats, and throws a ball.
I am looking forward to watching our
little man grow this next year and seeing all he can accomplish. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful and special little guy.