Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The best weekends are those with family!



















Over the weekend we went up to PA to visit with Andrew's parents, his sister, brother in law, and our nephew Garrett. Garrett was staying over at Grandma and Grandpa's for the weekend so Jacob got to spend the entire weekend with his cousin. I think he had a blast! Garrett spent so much time with Jacob and was so sweet with him. Grandma got Jacob a barn with animals and a farmer on a tractor so Garrett showed Jacob just what to do with the toy. Garrett also played with all of Jacob's toys, rolled around on the ground, and entertained Jacob with wrestling, jumping all around, and riding his bike. I think Jacob was really wishing he was a little bigger so he could chase after his cousin. I had a wonderful time watching the two of them interact.

As they get older, I'm sure at times, Garrett will probably be annoyed by Jacob tagging along, but I hope they become good friends over the years. I couldn't help but picture the two of them dressed in their camo, heading off to deer camp with their daddies for the first day of hunting season. For the record I never thought I would picture that, but it is a tradition in Andrew's family. I also know how much Andrew loves to be in the woods with his dad, uncles, and cousins and I want Jacob to love that time as much as his father.

No comments:

Post a Comment