Friday, January 6, 2012

Puke-O-Rama


Well there comes a time in a parents life when their child pukes during the night for the first time. I was hoping my time would never come but last night at 10pm as I got half way up the stairs I could smell that terrible smell and knew my time had come.


As I opened the door to Jacob's room I thought I would throw up right then and there but I pulled it together, screamed for Andrew, and picked Jacob up out of his crib and threw him in the bathroom. The poor guy didn't even cry because he didn't know what was going on.

Andrew ran the bath and put him in as I started the clean and Lysol the room. We got the room cleaned and Jacob dressed again and ready for bed. Andrew decided to take him up to our loft and have him fall asleep up there. He fell asleep on Andrew and as Andrew came down the stairs to put Jacob in his crib he threw up again! I knew at that point it would be a long night.


Jacob was a trooper throughout the night. We didn't know where to put him. We didn't want to put him in his crib to be alone and sick so we put towels down on the floor in the loft and Andrew slept on the floor with Jacob. Jacob could be distracted by staring at the moon through the skylight and would fall asleep for an hour at a time and then puke again. His puke bucket was an old wipes container that we kept by his head. He did really well with going in it and didn't make too much of a mess. Andrew wanted to put the BabyBijorn bib on him to catch the puke but I said "no way".

























By 3:30 it was all over and Jacob slept from 3:30 until 7:30. We went downstairs, had a little water and crackers, and watched Mikey Mouse. At 10:00am Jacob was back upstairs taking a nap and slept until 1:00. I think he feels much better now and is eating a little Jello.




























I sure hope this is just something he ate and not a stomach bug because this week has been a bit traumatic for me with pneumonia, turning 30, and now puke o rama.






















No comments:

Post a Comment