Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time at Grandma's House

Well Jacob has officially started his trips and weekends at Grandma's house. Back in September my mother in law asked if she could take Jacob for a weekend. Andrew and I picked a weekend that would work for us and so the date was marked on the calendar and the countdown started. I didn't know how I felt about Jacob leaving for a weekend. I wasn't worried for him but worried for me and not having my baby boy around. I think if you are a stay at home mom you are probably thrilled to give your kids away for a weekend, heck a week or maybe month but when you work all week you look forward to the weekends with your baby and getting to play with him for two whole days.

Of course, like I said, I had nothing to worry about and Jacob had a wonderful time. He must have played and played and been the center of attention because when he came home he was in the best mood, laughing and joking around. I heard he was a great helper sweeping leaves, said lots of words, was in a good mood, and hopefully did not wear grandma and grandpa out too much.

On Sunday morning my parents brought Jacob down and attended church service with us. When my parents walked in with Jacob on Sunday I felt like I hadn't seen him in forever. I think he grew 2 inches and learned a few more words at Grandma's like "night, night".

I did miss him but it was nice for us to have some time to ourselves too. I forgot what that felt like to just hang out and not have to worry about a kiddo. Andrew and I went out to eat on Friday and Saturday night and we also painted the guest bedroom so we could say we were productive.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for watching Jacob over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment