Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He Called Me Da-Da

Although Jacob has a wide range of vocabulary, can tell you when something is hot, where his nose, head, and belly are, when he is thirsty, and understands when you ask him to close a door he still called me Daddy or Da-Da until September 23, 2011. It melted my heart when I walked in the door on Friday evening after work and Jacob was in his highchair, looked right at me, and said "Ma-Ma." I could have died right there and been a happy mommy forever.

When I would come down the stairs in the morning and Andrew would be feeding him yogurt he would say "Daddy" and point right at me. When we went to my parents a few weekends ago he called me "Daddy" the entire weekend. Now, in his defense, we didn't really work on Mommy and Ma-Ma and Dad was his first word. He also loves Andrew to the moon and back and you can tell he wants to be just like Andrew so I guess I should be flattered.

Jacob would say "Ma Ma" and walk around the house saying "Mama Mama Mama" but would never associate me with Ma Ma.

I thought the moment would never come when he would call me Ma Ma. I'm so glad he learned my name.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I have tears in my eyes. So precious. Congratulations "mama". Just a warning: they get really good at saying it. :)

    ReplyDelete