Friday, May 14, 2010

Here we go.....

I have decided to start this blog thanks to the nagging of my sisters and mother. I am not promising spectacular blogging, hilarious stories, more than two posts a week, or fantastic pictures but you will get updates and hopefully some decent pictures.

A shout out to my husband…….
Last Wednesday my water broke around 3:30pm at home and I had Jacob by 10:30pm. The labor was so fast Andrew and I were shocked. The recovery from the labor has been slow going and pretty tough for me but Jacob has been wonderful through the whole process. I think he can sense that I have been having a hard time and so he has been the sweetest baby for me. He sleeps well, hardly fusses, and LOVES to be cuddled.

I think the one thing I have learned through the entire labor and recovery process is how much I love my husband. I was nervous that he wouldn’t be with me during the labor because he hates the site of blood but he held my leg, watched me push, and saw Jacob as he was delivered. Andrew was amazing during the entire labor and delivery process. He made me panic for nothing. I have gone through a lot physically over the last week and a half and Andrew has been there every step of the way encouraging me and supporting me. I didn’t think I could love him anymore than I do but I fell in love with him all over again and even more during and after the whole process of giving birth to our son. He is an amazing father and husband. I feel so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Andrew is awesome. So are you. I can't wait to follow the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a touching post. Thanks for sharing. Its great to hear about your adventures, and I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete