Thursday, May 20, 2010

We did it!

We did it! Today Jacob and I had our first excursion all by ourselves. I was really nervous that he would cry the whole way in the car or meltdown when we got to where we were going but he didn't. We went to the Mothering Matters class that the hospital sponsors for new moms and then we went to the mall. We were gone from 10am-2pm and he was awesome. I fed him during the class and then gave him a bottle in the car at the mall but there were no meltdowns and it made me confident I can do it again. I just have to remember not to push him and stay on his schedule.

The Mothering Matters class was nice and it was good for me to get out of the house and find a support group of moms going through the same things I am. Babies ranged from 6 days old to 5 months old and a lactation consultant ran the program. I'm so glad that everything went smoothly today because it encourages me to keep trying to get out of the house.

Tonight I think we might try to give Jacob his first bath. His umbilical cord is finally on the mend and looking good enough for tubby time. I will try to have Andrew take some pictures or video to post.

1 comment: