Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Daddy and his Baby Boy

Lately I have noticed how much Jacob loves his daddy. Of course, I always knew he loved Andrew but it is so neat to see his face light up when he sees him and how he "talks" to Andrew when Andrew talks to him. I was very sad on Monday morning when I had to walk out the door and head back to work but Andrew gave me a wonderful picture to keep in my head all day. Monday morning Andrew put Jacob in his blue seat on the bay window and was singing Old McDonald to him as I left. At work all day I was picturing Jacob looking at Andrew smiling while he sang him a song. The two of them have really become great buddies over the last 3 months.

Hunting season is not far off and I think Andrew is a little sad that Jacob still has a lot of growing to do before he is ready to go out in the woods with his daddy. I know Andrew has very fond memories of going out in the woods with his dad when he was little and even now that he is grown. Even though Andrew can't take Jacob out hunting this year doesn't mean they still can't dress alike for the season. Last year at Christmas Andrew and I went up to Cabela's. While we were there and Jacob was busy growing in my belly we decided to purchase a little camo onesie for him to wear during the hunting season. We didn't plan on Jacob being so huge so now he is wearing the onesie a little earlier than expected but he looks darn cute in the outfit! Isn't the butt flap hilarious? I think we will need to purchase him a new little camo outfit to wear around Thanksgiving when all the guys head off to deer camp to the start of hunting season.



No comments:

Post a Comment