Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Home for a Visit

Over the weekend Jacob took his first road trip and headed to both of his grandparents homes to meet his cousin Charlotte and 3 great grandmothers for the first time and catch up with his other relatives. I was nervous to go up for the weekend not knowing how he would do but he was the best little boy a mommy and daddy could ask for. He hardly fussed at all, slept in all the grandmothers, aunts, and uncles arms, and even slept very well at night at his Grandma and Grandpa Birminghams.

I think one of my favorite parts about the trip was him getting to see his cousins. When I was growing up I didn't have cousins close in age or ones that lived close by but Jacob does and I am so glad he will get to build those relationships. Right now Jacob has his cousin Garrett, 4, and cousin Charlotte, 2, but pretty soon he is going to have two more cousins closer in age. My older sister is expecting a little boy in October and my sister in law is expecting a little one in December. I cannot wait for the days when all the babies arrive and can start playing together. I will not wish for those days to come too soon because I think his daddy and I are enjoying him being a baby and being able to cuddle with him every day and night.

Garrett and Jacob


Charlotte and Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment