Monday, June 28, 2010

Mommy Picnic

Yesterday we hosted a picnic for the moms group that I have been attending on Thursday mornings. When they started talking about doing a picnic they wanted to find a park in the area and I thought it was silly to go to a park with limited bathrooms, fresh water, shade, and grills so I suggested that we have the picnic at our house. After I said this the RSVP list started growing and growing and I got a little worried that all of these people would not fit in our townhouse. But after a little worry and stress the day ended up being fabulous. The food, babies, and conversation was wonderful and it was a great way to spend a summer afternoon. I think we had about 12-14 couples come with their babies and it was so nice to meet the husbands that all of the moms talk about.

Jacob was perfect and slept for most of the time in my Ergo carrier. The Ergo was awesome because it allowed me to carry him around and be hands free.

A big thank you to Andrew who stood outside in the heat and did all the grilling for the picnic. I am glad he got to meet the moms and babies that I talk about. He also saw that he isn't the only dad that sometimes has a screaming baby and nagging wife. :)

Here are pictures I took after everyone left:


1 comment:

  1. Wow - you are brave for hosting that! Sounds like a good time, though. It is always very interesting to meet the husbands, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete