Friday, June 25, 2010

Ohhh the Changes

I feel like in the last week Jacob has changed into a little man. Everyone kept saying wait until after 6 weeks things will get better and boy were they right. Jacob celebrated his 7th week mark this past Wednesday and has made great strides in the past week.

Here are some things he has really started to do this past week:

- Really started to smile more and more. He loves his squeaky moose that my dad got him. When I squeak it and hold it close to his face he smiles a huge smile sometimes. The moose is the only toy that will make his smile.
- Made cooing noises and screeching noises
- Loves to listen to music and will kick his feet and wave his arms wildly
- He is starting to get into a routine of going to bed around 8:30pm and waking up at 3:30am, eating and going back down around 4:30am. Then around 5:30am he wakes up, Andrew feeds him, and he will go back down until around 8:00am or 9:00am. (Please lets hope this nightly routine lasts or gets even better because I am enjoying the sleep)
- I am working with him to eat around 1pm and then go down for a nap around 2pm until 5pm. I say "working" because he does not like to go down for a nap because I think he is afraid he will miss something. :)
- He is lifting his head more and really able to hold it up for a few seconds on his own. He is getting stronger and stronger everyday.

I was thinking about his birth today and how I thought this day would never come where he is sleeping more through the night, interacting with me and Andrew more, and becoming a little man. I hate that he is not an infant anymore that will curl up in your arms or on your chest but love that he is starting to develop this little personality. Sometimes I swear he knows what we're saying to him. Just last night Andrew came home and asked how our day was. I said we had a great day and that Jacob actually took a nap for 3 hours! Andrew looked right at Jacob and said "Well I guess we'll have to see how tonight goes and if you let us get some sleep." Right after Andrew said that to him he looked right up at Andrew and got this huge smile on his face as if to say, "Yeah suckers we'll see how tonight goes and if I let you get some sleep" I wish we would have had a video camera running because it was so funny Andrew and I laughed soooo hard.

I am really trying to get a smile on video and as soon as I do you know I will post it. Until then here are some pictures of our little guy.....



1 comment:

  1. AHHHH - he has changed so much just since I've seen him!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete